University for Business and Technology (UBT) was established in 2004 and has been licensed by the Ministry of Education, Science and technology no. 808/02-1, date. 18.10.2004.
The institution was built on the experience of the Institute of Enterprise Engineering and Management (IEME) with the goals to:
- Knowledge transfer to the country through innovative professors (from Europe and USA)
- Develop and utilize best practices to fulfil public and private needs through quality education.
- Promote and support the development of high quality teaching including innovative programs, sustainable development, modern management and innovation in industry sector
- Increase the intellectual and institutional capacities
- Promotion and application of project-based learning
- Implementing and strengthening the European and international standards that promote growth
The institution has undergone a number of external accreditation (both institutional and program) phases. UBT has also developed and implemented many professional projects, such as curriculum development and training teachers for vocational schools in Kosovo, public administration, public companies, licensing of private companies according to ISO 9001/2000.
UBT has established 20 faculties operating at 6 locations: Prishtina HQ, Lipjan Campus Facilities, Ferizaj, Gjilan, Prizeren and Peja with over 15000 active students:
- Management, Business and Economics,
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Information Systems,
- Media and Communication,
- Political Science,
- Law LLB,
- Architecture and Spatial Planning,
- Mechatronics Management,
- Infrastructure and Civil Engineering,
- Energ – Medical Sciences
- Food and Agriculture etc.
UBT has been involved in various local &international / European projects since its establishment and has shown that is has the capacities to deliver at many projects related to transfer of technology between the academia and the industry.